The common question that parents in Darwin often ask regarding the early learning experience of their young children is:
“How can a good preschool, Darwin benefit children”?
Scientific research has always supported the significant impact of early education on young children. Children are born to learn and their educational experience at very young ages plays a major role in academic and social success in their elementary, middle, high school, and college years.
Numerous scientific studies have consistently shown that the essential social and emotional skills needed to make children successful in later years are impacted during their first five years.
Kindergarten schools today, for instance, expect children to be able to:
- Listen attentively in class
- Follow simple directions
- Start and finish projects
- Know the right time to ask for additional help
- Write their name
- Recite the alphabet
- Count 1 to 10 without skipping
These requirements from kindergarten schools make it important for kids to acquire basic academic and cognitive skills from a preschool setting. Children with no preschool background will find it tough to hurdle the basic requirements of kindergarten. This makes it imperative for children to attend a preschool facility before proceeding to kindergarten.
A good preschool provides children multiple benefits, to include:
- The nurturing and structured environment of a good preschool provides a child with the chance to share a teacher with peers, share toys and food, take turns, and follow instructions. Learning these simple skills empowers a child to cope with the kindergarten learning environment.
- Help in developing your child’s emotional and social growth is provided by a good preschool. A child learns to respect others, cooperate, and solve simple problems in preschool. The various learning activities integrated into a good preschool helps kids play with children of varying stages and ages, gain confidence, and explore new things.
- Children are naturally inquisitive. A good preschool allows children to discover the answers to their numerous questions. Parents are often stumped by the questions their children ask. Enrolling your child with a good preschool lightens the burden of answering a lot of questions. A good preschool makes it a point to encourage children to find answers to their questions by talking with peers and teachers, exploration, and experimentation.
- Building educational blocks for a child begins with preschool. A good preschool never pressures a child as he/she learns numbers and letters. Learning is done at their pace and often integrated into various activities and games to make the learning fun, enjoyable, and interesting. Interesting activities such as storytelling time, rhyming games, cookie counting, and more are positive learning methods implemented by preschools to teach basic reading and math skills to children.
- The structured setting of preschool provides a great groundwork for children to learn socially and academically. The perceptive and curious nature of children is provided an opportunity to develop positively in a good preschool setting. Understanding directions, knowing the right amount of money to buy, or assembling a toy are valuable skills that make children ready for formal schooling.
Preschool offers a lot of benefits when it comes to early childhood education. The best way to make a child thrive emotionally, academically, and socially is to enrol children at a young age in preschool. Contact us at Insight Early Learning Darwin for more information on our offered preschool programs.